1. Please review the information available on our website to make sure you are a good candidate for a Welcome Team.
2. Identify a leader of your Welcome Team who will be the main point of contact between LSS-SW and the team.
3. Complete initial interest form (Click here for Phoenix and here for Tucson) and a staff person will contact you to schedule an initial consultation. You will get more detailed information about how the program works and answers to questions you might have.
4. Attend a second meeting to complete paperwork.
5. Schedule a team orientation where we will cover:
Welcome Team Roles and Responsibilities
Steps in the Process
Expectations and Boundaries
Enabling vs. Empowering
6. Designate 3-5 team members to receive a fingerprint clearance card. At least 1 person with fingerprint clearance must be present for every interaction with the refugee family or individual. (Fingerprint clearance cards typically take up to 6 weeks to process.)
7. Wait to be assigned to a refugee family. Each team is matched with a refugee family that typically arrives in 2-3 weeks after your orientation and paperwork has been completed.