K-12 Refugee Education Services
For many refugee students, entering school is an enormous transition that often involves learning a new language, adapting to a new culture, and establishing new routines. They bring with them a wealth of experience, culture, and perspectives that greatly enhance the classrooms that they are entering.
With the support of volunteers, educators, and community experts, LSS-SW builds strong foundations for refugee students to succeed, including:
- Tutoring, mentoring, and drop in study space with computers for refugee students
- Career, college, ELD and GED support
- School orientation and workshops for parents
- Resources and professional development for educators who work with refugee students
- Community presentations by refugee content experts
- Summer camp and special field trips
- And much more!
How can I get involved?
- Donation needs include: snacks, water, school supplies, and bus passes
- Volunteer as a tutor, help out with a field trip, or help us spread the word. Volunteer positions can be found on our volunteer job board.
- Attend an upcoming Come & See tour and learn about our work.
In Tucson, contact Emily Macaluso, firstname.lastname@example.org, 520-721-4444 ext.106
In Phoenix, contact Michelle Buttrum, email@example.com, 480-396-3795
Our Tucson location is located downtown, near the Main Library. Our address is 120 N. Stone Ave, Suite #220R, Tucson, AZ 85701. Use the map below to help find directions: