Legacy of Hope Society
What will your legacy be? With a gift to Lutheran Social Services of the Southwest, your lasting legacy can be one of hope. When planning for your own and your family’s future, consider making a gift to LSS-SW in your estate. You will become part of our growing number of supporters who, just like you, wish to leave Arizona a better place.
You don’t have to be wealthy to make a difference.
- A bequest, or charitable gift, allows you to make a large contribution to a cause you care about, without affecting your day to day life. You don’t have to be wealthy to make a difference. As long as you have an estate plan, anyone can do it.
- You can leave a lasting impact on an organization you already love and support.
- It’s painless for you and your family. You can leave what’s left after you take care of your heirs. A charitable gift can also help reduce the tax burden on your heirs through an estate tax charitable deduction.
- You can choose exactly what good your gift does. Whether you want to support a specific program or whatever the greatest need is, it’s up to you!
It’s easy to get started
Leaving a bequest to Lutheran Social Services of the Southwest is simple. All you have to do is make a quick phone call to your lawyer or estate planner.
What can I leave LSS-SW?
There are several options of what you can leave as a bequest in your will besides just cash:
- Physical assets, such as a house or property
- Financial investments such as stocks, bonds, or certificates of deposit
- life insurance policy or retirement plan
Simply call your lawyer and let them know of your desire to leave a gift to Lutheran Social Services in your will or trust. If you do not have a lawyer, consult with your estate planner or financial adviser.
To leave LSS-SW a gift in your will or trust, simply share this sentence with your lawyer or estate planner:
“I bequeath $______ or _____% of my estate to Lutheran Social Services of the Southwest, located at 10201 S. 51st Street, Suite 180, Phoenix, AZ 85044, Federal Tax ID # 86-0252302."
Why have a will or trust?
If you don’t have a will or trust, it will be up to your state’s laws to determine where your assets will go. It is important to have a plan for your estate so you can direct exactly where your property and money will end up.
Contact Rev. Deborah Hutterer at email@example.com or 480-396-3795 ext. 102 to discuss your legacy plans or let us know if LSS-SW is included in your estate.