Participate in Our New Postcard Campaign!
We are facing the world’s worst refugee crisis in recorded history with over 25 million refugees, over half of whom are children. In response, last year the Administration agreed to welcome 45,000 refugees to the U.S. But only 22,491 refugees were accepted in, leaving 22,509 refugees behind.
Similarly in Arizona, 2,410 refugees were projected to arrive. But only 1,392 refugees made it here, leaving 1,018 refugees behind.
In 2019 the Administration has agreed to admit 30,000 refugees. Don’t let them default on their commitment again!
HELP US SEND A TOTAL OF 1,018 POSTCARDS TO ALL ARIZONA MEMBERS OF CONGRESS. ONE POSTCARD FOR EVERY REFUGEE WHO NEVER MADE IT TO ARIZONA LAST YEAR. ONE POSTCARD FOR EVERY REASON REFUGEES ARE IMPORTANT TO OUR COMMUNITIES.
TELL THEM TO URGE THE PRESIDENT TO HONOR HIS COMMITMENT AND TRULY WELCOME 30,000 REFUGEES
Between April and May, we’ll deliver the 1,018 postcards in person to all the congressional representatives.
HERE ARE THE DIFFERENT WAYS YOU CAN PARTICIPATE:
Throw a postcard-writing party
YOU CAN DO THIS IN 5 STEPS:
1. Contact us and we’ll mail you the toolkit. (The toolkit contains a fact sheet, message starters, and postcards.) You can also download the toolkit and print it (How to, Fact Sheet, Message Starters, Flyer).
2. Create an event, or use one already organized where lots of people can sign the postcards. You can do this at church events, town meetings, club meetings, family dinners, girls’ night out…
3. On the day of the event, let the people participating quickly read the fact sheet so they know what they are standing up for. Each individual will write a postcard explaining why they believe we should welcome more refugees into the U.S./why refugees are important to our communities.
4. Display the message starters on big poster boards, so they can get ideas of what to write to their congressional representative. (If you don’t know who your congressional representatives are, we can tell you that).
5. Collect the postcards and send them our way! You can mail them to us, drop them off at our Phoenix or Tuscon offices, or we can arrange to come and collect them from you.
throw a virtual message-party
YOU CAN DO THIS IN 3 STEPS:
Tell your friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Messenger, Text messages that you are participating in our campaign, and need to collect individual messages about why they believe refugees are important to our communities.
Get people to send you their message by email, text or chat.
Then send us their message and address, and we’ll have our team of volunteers copy the messages onto the postcards. IMPORTANT: Your friends and family’s addresses are important so we can send their postcard to the right congressional representative!
send us your message directly
Click here, and send us your individual message about why you believe refugees are important to our communities.
We’ll have our team of volunteers copy the messages onto the postcards.
Don’t forget to share this page with your friends and family!
You can volunteer on the campaign by helping us transcribe messages onto postcards, or by coming on the day of delivery on April, 19th.