Servant of Christ Award
Honoring congregations for social service ministry
Annually Lutheran Social Services of the Southwest recognizes a congregation, or partnering congregations, in the Grand Canyon Synod of the ELCA and Pacific Southwest District of the LCMS as recipients of the Lutheran Social Services Servant of Christ Award. The congregations are leaders in social ministry and social justice in their community, have a connection to Lutheran Social Services programs in their area, and faithfully provide financial support for the service ministry of Lutheran Social Services of the Southwest.
Churches are nominated by pastors, Lutheran Social Services of the Southwest staff, church members or individuals in the community. Servant of Christ congregations will be recognized at the annual Synod Assembly and other appropriate venues.
Selection criteria includes:
- Strength, longevity, or richness of the relationship between the congregation and Lutheran Social Services of the Southwest.
- A powerful connection to a service offered by Lutheran Social Services of the Southwest.
- Extraordinary social ministry leadership in their community, whether or not as part of a Lutheran Social Services of the Southwest service.
- Financial stewardship to Lutheran Social Services of the Southwest, through both congregational support and gifts from individual donors.
To nominate a congregation, submit a letter of nomination with at least one additional letter of support to Pastor Deborah Hutterer, email@example.com, or 10201 S. 51st Street, Suite 180, Phoenix, AZ 85044 by April 1 of the current year.
- Love of Christ, Mesa (ELCA)
- Lutheran Church of Resurrection, Green Valley
- Tanque Verde Lutheran Church, Tucson
- Christ the Lord, Carefree
- Christ Evangelical, Goodyear
- Dove of Peace, Tucson