How to apply
- Apply online by creating an account on MyVolunteerPage.com. You can select the volunteer roles you are interested in and the times you are available. This is the site you'll use to log your hours, so please note your login information.
- Wait to be contacted for a phone interview. This is a quick friendly call with LSS-SW staff or a volunteer to gain a better understanding of who you are, what skills make you a good volunteer, and to answer any questions you might have.
- Return 2 reference request forms. Please have two references fill out a Reference Request Form. The forms can be returned by your reference to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once your role is decided, complete an online background check or obtain a fingerprint clearance card. Any volunteer that will be unsupervised in the presence of vulnerable individuals must obtain a level 1 fingerprint clearance card. If you will not be unsupervised in the presence of vulnerable individuals, a Verified Volunteers background check is required. LSS-SW Volunteer Services will provide this information. You can see an overview here.
- Attend an on-site orientation where you will meet your supervisor, learn more about the organization, LSS-SW volunteer guidelines, and your specific volunteer role.
- Begin volunteering! Once all steps have been completed, you and your supervisor can pick a start date that works best for both of you.